Sign up for a free 12-week basic music theory on-line course. The course is the brainchild of Roz Beste and is delivered by weekly emails which contain a link to the current lesson (and previous lessons)
The course is designed for adult women singers (specifically women barbershoppers) but anyone is welcome to sign up.
At the end of the course, you should be able to
* name any note on treble or bass clef.
* name any key signature.
* know the note to play on your pitch pipe at the start of a song.
* sing your first note from hearing the pitch.
* perform simple sight-singing.
* sing any simple note length combinations.
* understand simple musical terms and signs.
And it is totally free!
Click here to sign up for the course: ROZ’S MUSIC THEORY
Our sincere thanks to Roz Beste for making this course available to SABS members. Roz works in IT and currently sings with Brindabella Chorus in Canberra, Australia. She is also a dual member of Endeavour Harmony Chorus in Sydney (Four hours drive away) and is hoping to sing with them in the Sweet Adelines International Convention in Seattle in Oct 2010. Previously, she sang with the Melbourne Chorus and Southern Sounds Chorus. And before that, when she lived in Hong Kong, she sang with Kassia choir.