International Quartet Results 2019
International Chorus Results 2019
Spanish Association of Barbershop Singers
C/ Antonio Gades, 7
Portal i, 1º B
Email: *protected email*
Conventions registration email: *protected email*
Attended Royal Academy of Music, London
1st subject studying cello
2nd Subjects conducting and voice
Several musical qualifications/degrees Royal Schools of Music
Has a Master of Education degree
• Spanning 47+ years
• MD: 5 choruses, 2 female(LABBS), 3 male(BABS)
▪ 3 Gold, several silver/bronze medals (ladies)
▪ Numerous silver/bronze medals (males)
• Quartets: 2 Gold medals and several silver/bronze
• Directing: 1st woman allowed to attend BHS Directors College/Harmony College
– Worked with Dr. Greg Lyne as his TA for Directing Technique classes
– Coached quartets as a coaching pod team member
– Established and led the 1st residential BABS Chorus Directors’ Workshop for 16 years
– Developed and ran the CDW Intensive for BABS after qualifying as a Lead Team member with BHS
– Continuing to write Directing and Music Team development plans and programmes for other European associations.
▪ Represented LABBS at the World Harmony Council ‘s (inaugural meeting establishing the “new” judging system/standard now operating worldwide.
▪ She established the new judging system within LABBS
▪ Educated in Europe, S. Africa, USA,
▪ Coached choruses and quartets in BABS, LABBS, IABS, BinG, HH
▪ Sat on official judging panel at BHS International competition and at the BHS MAD competition
▪ Currently is BABS Category Director for Singing
▪ Has attended recent BHS Category School
▪ Also a registered Singing judge for LABBS
▪ Only judge to have judged at LABBS 1st and 45th competition
▪ Is the only female member of BABS’s Hall of Fame
• Spanning 50+ years
Schools:14 years HoD in Music in a 7 – 11 yrs school
2 years 11 -15 yrs school for 4 years
Higher EducationPL @ LJMU 15 years
Consultant/Evaluator/Assessor for OU and Cambridge Education 4 years
Session Lecturer @ Glyndwr Uni 12 years
• DirectorChoral groupsBritish Youth Choir Federation
Sing for Pleasure
Amateur Operatic Societies
Rhiannon is very proud to be a very active part of the Music Team for The Collective Virtual Choir that Simon Lubkowski set up back in 2020. It continues to be a great privilege to be a part of his team.
Simon studied a degree in Contemporary Music, qualified as a Music Teacher, and has since worked as Music Teacher, Head of Music, Head of Performing Arts and Director of Music for the last 17 years. He is a Choral Director, Arranger, Composer, Performer, Guide Track creator and Singing Teacher in addition to his school teaching experience.
He has been involved in Barbershop since 2013, and in this relatively short time he has achieved an impressive list of achievements:
• 2 Golds, 1 Silver and 1 Bronze medal as a singer with BABS Chorus Hallmark of Harmony (2013, 2014, 2016, 2018)
• 2018 BABS Quartet Champion with The Locksmiths (with a score of 80.9%), having achieved Silver in 2017 and Bronze in 2016
• Qualified as a BABS Singing Judge in March 2022
• Novice Quartet champion in 2014 with The Simpletones
• BABS “Barbershopper of the Year” in 2019 and finalist for the BHS “International Barbershopper of the Year” in 2019
• MD of Top BABS Chorus Tuxedo Junction – 2016 LABBS Most Entertaining Chorus and 7th placed BABS Men’s Chorus, Division 2 Winner in 2017 and Chorus record score of 74.2% in 2018, again placing 7th in the national Chorus contest
• Founder and MD of Mixed Chorus Lux A Cappella in 2019
• Worked as an educator for BABS Harmony College 2020 and 2021, leading the College Chorus
• Presented education sessions as part of BABS online learning sessions in 2021
Outside of Barbershop he is:
• The founder and Musical Director of the worldwide virtual choir “The Collective” which has had thousands of singers take part from over 60 countries in over 30 songs since the start of the Covid pandemic
• The Musical Director of “The Ratcliffe Chorale” in Leicestershire, UK
• The Founder and Musical Director of “The Knighton Community Choir” in Leicester, UK
• The Musical Director of the “Groby Sings!” Choir in Leicestershire, UK
• The Founder and Musical Director of the LGBT Centre Choir in Leicester, UK
Began barbershop in 2006 singing in Chorus and Quartet.
Successfully completed Sweet Adelines Director Certification Program in 2010 and have Directed and co-Directed 2 Sweet Adelines Region 31 choruses achieving Division A Silver and Bronze, and also Harmony 500 Director award, and as a singing member achieving gold in the mixed Chorus contest.
Currently competing with Sweet Adelines International top 10 Quartet, Fortuity, who are also LABBS 2011 Quartet Champions, and Region 31 Sweet Adelines 2013 and 2018 Quartet Champions, and the Sweet Adelines International Novice Award winners for 2013.
Member of the Sweet Adelines Region 31 Faculty (for education) and LABBS Certified Singing Judge.